Many of the materials used in laboratories give off fumes, mists, vapors, particulates or aerosols which are hazardous. To minimize exposure to these materials, special precautions need to be taken. This often means within a "hood".
Schoolcraft Publishing's training products on "Laboratory Hoods" emphasize how to properly use laboratory hoods and how to test them to ensure correct functioning... as well as discuss how hoods can protect an experiment, the facility, and most importantly, the employee.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Why laboratory hoods are needed.
- Protections afforded by hoods.
- Various types of hoods found in laboratories.
- How hoods function mechanically.
- Proper use of laboratory hoods.
- Testing and maintenance.
- and more.
Item #: V0002279EL
Run Time: 15 Minutes
Spanish Version Available: No
- DVD Preview
- Related DVDs