HAZWOPER: Emergency Response: HAZMAT Technician Package
Hazardous Materials and Waste are part of many work situations, and can be found in many types of facilities. OSHA feels that it is so important for employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances (as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly) they have mandated that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of Hazardous Waste "from cradle to grave". Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these HAZWOPER Regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with Hazardous Materials.
Schoolcraft Publishing's "HAZWOPER: Emergency Response: HAZMAT Technician Package" provides employees with the information they need to understand the major areas covered by the regulation. The package of eleven programs provides the basis for the special training required for HAZMAT Technicians, and includes:
- "Decontamination Procedures".
- "Understanding Chemical Hazards".
- "The Emergency Response Plan".
- "Understanding HAZWOPER".
- "HAZMAT Labeling".
- "Personal Protective Equipment".
- "Accidental Release Measures and Spill Cleanup Procedures".
- "Medical Surveillance Programs".
- "Safety Data Sheets in HAZWOPER Environments".
- "Respiratory Protection".
- "Monitoring Procedures and Equipment."
Item #: V000HZ59EW
Run Time: 208 Minutes
Spanish Version Available: No
- Related DVDs