HIPAA Rules And Compliance
To get quality healthcare, people should not have to sacrifice the privacy or security of their personal health information. The set of regulations known as "HIPAA" ensures that private patient data remains private, but the laws can seem complex, and the penalties for non-compliance can be costly.
New HIPAA Rules and Compliance training products from Schoolcraft Publishing define HIPAA terms, explain the laws and discuss what business entities and employees in healthcare-related fields need to do to comply with them.
Topics covered in these products include:
- HIPAA and protected health information (PHI).
- Covered entities, business associates and subcontractors.
- PHI and patients' rights.
- Guidelines for use and disclosure of PHI.
- Using PHI for marketing and fundraising.
- Requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Breach notification and penalties.
- … and more.
Item #: V0002729EO
Run Time: 21 Minutes
Spanish Version Available: No
- DVD Preview
- Related DVDs